Nick tends to deal with privately funded cases, where clients demand a higher level of service and attention to detail.
Nick is recognised as a leading criminal lawyer by The Legal 500, who describe him as possessing ‘…incredible intellect and (a) razor-sharp legal mind.’
Nick has particular expertise in handling some of Lawtons’ most significant cases, including those being investigated and prosecuted by the Serious Organised Crime Agency and Complex Crime Unit at the Crown Prosecution Service. Nick thrives on the challenge that the most intricate and convoluted cases bring, dealing with them in a methodical, meticulous way.
Nick is a robust advocate, with a calm, measured approach which instills confidence in his clients. He has an LLB from the University of Leeds and completed the LPC at Nottingham Law School, training at Pictons Solicitors and qualifying in 2000.
Since its foundation in 2004, Lawtons has developed to become one of the largest and most successful criminal defence firms in the country. The firm has been able to continue to grow and expand due to its prominent success, proudly gaining referrals from other top leading national and regional law firms which simply don’t have the criminal defence work expertise that Lawtons have. Under Nick’s joint leadership there are now ten Lawtons offices across the South East.
The Chambers & Partners Guide 2018 has continued to recognise Lawtons Solicitors as one of the top four ranked national leaders in criminal defence work outside London – a true testament to Nick’s expertise, dedication and management.
– Law Society accredited in Criminal litigation, Advocacy and Fraud
– Law Society accredited as a Higher Courts Advocate
– SRA Accredited as a Duty Solicitor
- ‘Papering over the ever-increasing cracks in Criminal Legal Aid’,The Open University
- ‘Technological change and driver liability’, Lawyer Monthly
- ‘Sexting – what parents should know and how they can help’, Parentkind
In the media:
- Advice re. Ant McPartlin’s Drink Driving case, The Daily Star
- Indecent images opinion, BBC Sunday Politics
Nick is a competitive senior swimmer having competed at National Youth level and successfully competing at the European Masters in London in 2016