As one of the founding Directors of Lawtons Solicitors – top ranked for Crime by Chambers & Partners – Stephen’s reputation has ensured Lawtons are recognised as national leaders in criminal defence work. Stephen handles some of Lawtons’ most challenging cases, with an emphasis on serious Crown Court cases, including sexual offences and defending historic sex offences. A number of recent EncroChat defence cases have required a particular level of expertise that Stephen possesses.
Clients appreciate his pragmatic, supportive and sensitive manner. His high-profile client work is undertaken in a discreet and understanding way. With an in-depth knowledge of criminal law developed over 25 years, his experience provides a level of reassurance to clients’ he accepts instructions from.
Having studied International History & Politics at the University of Leeds, the clear strategic thinking developed during his degree underpins his approach. It’s deployed to assist clients in navigating through complex litigation and devising the best possible tactical approach to achieving their objectives. He has dealt with cases at every level, with convictions and sentences being overturned in the Court of Appeal.
A former President of the Hertfordshire Law Society, legal directories have described Stephen as follows:
- ‘excellent criminal law specialist’
- ‘Stephen Halloran is a class apart, and provides clients with reassurance that their case is both important and thoroughly prepared.’
- ‘commendable and unwavering dedication to his clients’ interests’
- ‘a great manner with the client, putting him at ease and always being available to discuss developments’
- ‘had a successful strategy from the outset.’
- ‘he masters complex and voluminous material, and provides realistic advice to clients.’
- ‘Stephen Halloran – calm, sensible, thorough.’
Clients have praised Stephen’s empathy, professionalism and ‘rapid understanding of the truth’, and said that his superior expertise has provided them with confidence, comfort and relief in distressing times.
A summary of what our clients say about Stephen:
- Exceptional Legal Expertise: Stephen Halloran is a highly knowledgeable criminal defence solicitor with a proven track record of successfully handling complex cases, ensuring the best possible outcomes for his clients.
- Compassionate Client-Centered Approach: Stephen combines legal expertise with a compassionate and client-focused approach, making clients feel supported and at ease during challenging legal situations.
- Effective Communication: Stephen excels in clear and timely communication, keeping clients informed and empowered throughout the legal process, while providing invaluable guidance and support.
Recognised as a leader in his field, Stephen fully understands the demands of law at the highest level. This has led to his trusted reputation as an expert, called upon to comment and provide unique insights for the BBC, major national newspapers and international media.
Stephen was recently selected to take part in the Goldman Sachs sponsored 10KSB scheme to provide world-class business education that was delivered in partnership with Saïd Business School, University of Oxford and Aston University. The programme will ensure that Stephen continues to provide leadership to Lawtons Solicitors in order for our lawyers to concentrate on providing the first-class legal advice your case demands.